@Tom-Elliott Thank you for your time. I will look at that. With a backup, I may try it just to see. Current vValue in schemaVersion is 259.
Years back, more than 10 years, ( Yes, long time user, Seems like .26 was my first but definitly by .32 ), I had something similar happen and it was obvious what field was corrupt because when it hit that point in the display of the web page we got garbage.
For this case, I do not have my notes at home but one of the records value when displayed in mysql was about 20 pages of stuff. I recall it was one the the paths and should have been 10 to 15 characters. Most of the rows settingValue in the globalSettings table were empty. I was trying to update the FOG_MEMORY_LIMIT in the Web Gui when I had an issue with the save. After a couple of tries it saved the 384 number but the other values were missing.
What I have done is go through each row and replace it with either the older backup value or what I thought it should be. Tonight, I was just correcting the two rows with the IP addresses because of the wrong value discovered with today’s test.
My old backup had the values for MINIG and the new table did not 🙂
Right now production is a concern and time is short. The web GUI is working again. I will need to test tonight’s changes for the IP address. Today’s test the screen was still red but it had the wrong IP address for the tftp and web server and may need to work on the PXE menu. I have some pxe menu options that were not fully moved over to the newer advanced options that are in settingID=74.
As always lesson learned, consistent backups and get the box updated. This is a xen VM and I have another FOG named newFOG but I did not compare values yet or check what version. In the past I would make a copy and upgrade the copy.