Build 6303/6315 on CentOS 7.1 FTP path error when attempting to update kernel

• Attempting to update kernel produces this error.

FOGFTP: Failed to put file. Remote Path: /var/www/html/fogservice/ipxe/bzImage32, Local Path: /tmp/bzImage32, Error: ftp_put(): Could not create file.

The path /var/www/html/fogservice/ipxe/ does not exist.

Should it not be /var/www/html/fog/service/ipxe/ ?

• Senior Developer

@sudburr filename detection should now be fixed too, sorry :(

• Build 6323 fixes it thank you! … except, links for both x86 and x86_64 both want to replace bzImage32 by default.

FOG_TFTP_PXE_KERNEL = bzImage
    FOG_TFTP_PXE_KERNEL_32 = bzImage32

Manually changing bzImage32 to bzImage at the download prompt works at least.

• Developer

@sudburr Please update to the very latest. Tom just pushed a fix. Seams like the kernel update function is not used very often as this issue has been around for some days AFAIK.

As well see if you have a directory called /var/www/html/fogservice on your FOG server. I guess this was created when the slash was missing in FOG_TFTP_PXE_KERNEL_DIR at first. I think it’s save to delete that. Be careful to not delete the whole fog-www dir :-D

• First discovered upon upgrading to build 6303 then build 6315, when attemping to “Update Kernel” from within Fog Configuration.

Inserting the missing “/” to FOG_TFTP_PXE_KERNEL_DIR results in this error:

FOGFTP: Failed to rename file. Remote Path: //var/www/html/fog/service/ipxe/bzImage32/backup/bzImage32_20160218_132122, Local Path: /var/www/html/fog/service/ipxe/bzImage32, Error: ftp_rename(): Rename failed.

• Testers

@sudburr Check the FOG_TFTP_PXE_KERNEL_DIR setting under Fog Settings - TFTP Server. I would bet the / is missing between fog and service.

While I don’t have an answer for you, I want to be clear. Was the error generated during install/upgrade of fog, or when you selected update kernel from the FOG management interface?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.