Accidentaly Deleted /Images/Dev

• Server
    • FOG Version: 1.4.0-RC-1
    Client
    • Service Version:
    Description

Was trying to remove old Images and accidentally deleted /images/Dev. Recreated the folder but now when capturing an image I receive a * Running post init scripts…

• @george1421 I have left work for the day, but will do so tomorrow morning. Thank you.

@Thomas787 Could you start your own thread, and include a screen shot of the error taken with a mobile phone? I can’t say your situation is the same as the OPs of this thread. A picture gives us the context of where the error occurs.

• I have done all of the aforementioned and still have not fixed the problem. Still stuck on:

*Running post init scripts…

For future readers, the way to recreate this if you accidentally delete /images/dev is:

mkdir -p /images/dev
    touch /images/dev/.mntcheck
    mkdir -p /images/dev/postinitscripts
    echo "#!/bin/bash" > /images/dev/postinitscripts/fog.postinit
    echo "## This file serves as a starting point to call your custom pre-imaging/post init loading scripts." >> /images/dev/postinitscripts/fog.postinit
    echo "## <SCRIPTNAME> should be changed to the script you're planning to use." >> /images/dev/postinitscripts/fog.postinit
    echo "## Syntax of post init scripts are" >> /images/dev/postinitscripts/fog.postinit
    echo "#. ${postinitpath}<SCRIPTNAME>" >> /images/dev/postinitscripts/fog.postinit
    chown -R fog:root /images
    chmod -R 777 /images

• This is resolved just restored a backup…done

• Developer

@dwagner sounds like you need to recreate the /images/dev/postinitscripts directory, and it’s contents, a single file named “fog.postinit” with the contents

#!/bin/bash
    ## This file serves as a starting point to call your custom pre-imaging/post init loading scripts.
    ## <SCRIPTNAME> should be changed to the script you're planning to use.
    ## Syntax of post init scripts are
    #. ${postinitpath}<SCRIPTNAME>

permissions 777
    also, you’ll need to create an empty file named “.mntcheck” in /images/dev too, if you haven’t

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.