How to Transfer Images to another FOG Server (1.3.0 RC 11)

• Server
    • FOG Version: 1.3.0 RC11
    Client
    • Service Version:
    Description

I created another FOG server and would like to know how to copy images from one server to another. I tried the terminal command

server1$ scp -r /images server2_IP:/
    I don’t get any errors.

server2$ touch /images/{.mntcheck,dev/.mntcheck}
    server2$ chmod 777 -R /images/

no error messages.

Then I go to server2 and log into fog and go to “Image Management” I don’t see anything. However, if I go to /images I do see the directory and files. Am I missing a step?

I also attempted to create an image in “Image Management” and map the path that is in “/images/image_name”, and I still get nothing in the FOG.

There are also other mutli-fog-server setups too. At work, we use a 15-server distributed FOG system and it works fine. We have 1 web interface we use to control/do stuff wherever we want. FOG can do this out-of-box.

@wcheung the short answer is right.

There is a two step process here.

1. Move the data files between fog1 and fog2
    2. Export and import the database between fog1 and fog2.

Now I would only do it this way for a server migration. If this is going to be a normal function and you need both servers operational then I would setup replication between the two fog servers. You will still have to do the export/import part but the images will be magically copied between the two server (assuming you are using fog 1.3.x)

• @george1421 one last questions, if I got the folder in /images

example

Server1: /images/window7

Copy that directory and export the image (image.csv), then Paste that file to Server2

Server2: /images/window7

and import that image.csv this should work?

• @george1421 Awesome! Thanks

@wcheung Wayne has some information here on the FOG wiki https://wiki.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php?title=Snapin_Examples

If you have specific snapin questions, @Wayne-Workman is the guy. Just post in a new thread with your issue and I’m sure he can help you out. I personally don’t use snapins so I’m of limited use.

• Ahhhh, thanks @george1421 worked like a charm.

Kind of a side question but is there any tutorial links on Snapin?

Yes, in short you copied the files but didn’t update the database on fog sever 2. If you go into the image management on fog server 1 and then use the export function to export the database into a file, then from the same browser go to fog server 2 -> Image management and then import the image database into fog server 2 you should be all set.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.