Cannot update from 1.3 RC-10 to RC-11

• Server
    • FOG Version: 1.3 RC-10
    Client
    • Service Version: N/A
    Description

When running the installation script, it says I need to install/update the database schema, but when you open the FOG console it doesn’t prompt you to do anything. The banner at the top says I am still on RC-10. I also noticed that the top of the installation script says I am installing RC-10, but I assumed that was just something that was missed, as a “git pull” shows that I’m on “working-RC-11.”

Once I’m done, it still says

Running Version: 1.3.0-RC-10

Your verson of FOG is up to date.

If it wasn’t for git telling me I’m on the current RC-11 I would think that I wasn’t. My only thought is that perhaps the sql update portion is failing for some reason, but I can’t find anything in the error log that would indicate why.

@apathetic_admin I recommend doing the SQL query Wayne suggested instead.

UPDATE `hosts` SET `hostEnforce`='1';

• @Wayne-Workman I’ve got 150 workstations to rename today and I need this fixed: https://forums.fogproject.org/topic/8558/reboot-host-on-hostname-changes-and-ad-changes-even-if-users-are-logged-in-button-not-saving

I was going to just make the change that Tom suggested but I can’t find what he wants us to change.

Edit: I’m on RC-11 now, issue seems to be resolved, or so I am being told by a guy on my team.

The installer always tells you to visit the web interface to install/update the database schema, whether there’s an update or it’s needed - or not. The mentions of RC-11 that you’re seeing are on a completely different branch. While you’re welcome to try the other branch, the Devs and I would recommend against it unless you’re in a dire situation - which I don’t think you are in right now.

If you’re tired of being prompted about the db update - start running the installer like this, it’ll take care of that for you automatically:
    ./installfog.sh -y

• @Quazz I’d think if I pulled it down then I’d be able to install it.

It will always say to update the database scheme, even if it’s not necessary, you can just continue.

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe you will not be on RC11 unless it’s specifically instructed to install that, since it’s still being worked on and not ready for release.

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.