active tasks occasionally not displayed



  • FOG 5688

    When loading the task management page, sometimes active tasks are noted but not shown: 0_1452287426418_tasks.png

    The apache logs have no errors. The access log looks normal:
    POST /management/index.php?node=task&sub=active HTTP/1.1" 200 1288 "https://fog.xes-mad.com/management/index.php?node=task&sub=active" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/47.0.2526.73 Chrome/47.0.2526.73 Safari/537.36

    The web console logs an error Uncaught ReferenceError: sub is not defined.

    It has happened both on Chromium and Firefox (I.E. not tested).

    It does not happen all the time, probably about a fifth of the time. Once it starts happening, it seems that the only way to fix it is to log out and back in.



  • Sorry I’ve been unresponsive – I’ve been quite busy with tasks at work and probably wont’ update anytime soon. If you think it’s fixed, I’d say it’s fine to close this ticket ----- if/when I upgrade, I can re-open/comment if I still find it to be an issue.


  • Senior Developer

    @mrayzies This should have been fixed for quite a bit of time now. Basically, I rewrote the task page entirely and since then this should’ve been fixed.


  • Senior Developer

    @mrayzies what I mean is I need a way that will ensure I can replicate the problem, but I did make some fixes/edits to the js files this weekend so please do update. I don’t know if it is fixed because I can’t replicate the problem on my side.



  • @Wayne-Workman
    Not a problem – with weird issues, it can be hard to find a good place to start.

    @Tom-Elliot
    I’m not quite sure what you are asking for when you mention the “direct path”. If you think this is fixed in the latest commit though, I can try to download and verify it works/doesn’t work.


  • Senior Developer

    @mrayzies I found some strangeness in the fog.js file and this should be corrected for now.

    I don’t know what to do to get the exact output you’re seeing. You can clearly see the sub is set to active in the URL. It works on almost everything else I’ve tried and I need a direct path to replicate if you can figure out one sure fire method.


  • Moderator

    @mrayzies Just wanted to tell you that your posts have the attention of myself and other @Developers - we’re just not sure about what to ask / do yet.



  • I previously incorrectly stated that logging in and out fixed it – it does not, nor does opening up a fresh incognito tab.

    It also seems that it’s not just the “list active tasks” portion of this web page but all categories of “Task Management” that get messed up.

    “list all hosts” should show clickable links, but instead shows: 0_1452291945509_tasks2.png

    “active snapin tasks” doesn’t show its tasks: 0_1452292037834_tasks3.png

    “new search” seached for something without any input from me: 0_1452292087617_tasks4.png



  • When they do display, the console does not log an error about ‘sub’ being undefined:

    0_1452290015317_tasks1.png


Log in to reply
 

406
Online

38953
Users

10706
Topics

101571
Posts

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.