Hosts being randomly deleted from hostsMAC table..

• At least, that’s what it looks to be happening. This only started when upgraded for the first time in a while (and now again to 4666) - or perhaps its the client having been updated.

So when it started, it was around maybe 30 or so hosts started saying they weren’t registered, but couldn’t be re-registered as the hostname was invalid. However, they exist in the hosts table still…

The hosts seemed to all be PCs that have been on and are being used, but I have no idea why they’re doing it. I decided to just drop the entire hosts and hostsMAC tables (and anything else that has reference to hostIDs) and reimport the hostlist from CSV, before adding all hosts to a task to get their hardware inventory.

…and now about 70 of the PCs are doing this. Its very patchy but I am wondering if all hosts will do it, if we turn all the PCs on.

While I look into it myself, has anyone else had this issue? As a possibile lead - I do have a MAC address filter set to filter out virtual mac addresses, if that could have anything to do with it (the mac address would form part of the host string…)

• Developer

this problem is believed to be resolved now, thank you for the bug report.

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.