Is FOG still active?

• Just joined the forum, so forgive me if this question has been answered already - couldn’t find anything so thought I would ask.

Is FOG still an active project? I’ve been looking for this type of solution, but with the latest stable build from 2011, and what appears to be a stagnant .33 beta build, I thought I’d check to see what, if anything, is still going on with FOG. Can someone help me out here? This looks like the perfect solution for our needs, but I don’t want to jump on a dying (or dead) solution…

Thanks!

I was wondering when I would be able to pull this out again:

[URL=‘http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting’]An Educational Video on Forum Posting[/URL]

• Senior Developer

[quote=“need2, post: 25205, member: 21891”]But searching past the first page of a thread is hard and stuff and things.[/quote]

I HOPE THIS IS A JOKE! ROFLMAO

But searching past the first page of a thread is hard and stuff and things.

• Developer

I really love how you ask if a project is stagnant yet obviously didn’t look at any of the development forums as there is a 67 page thread with every time Tom has updated 33b and it’s usually several updates a day…

Next time please take the 3 minutes required to do some research for yourself.

• Developer

There are still many active members in the forum and Tom (Developer) has been very busy working on 0.33b. I have just upgraded from 0.32 to 0.33b and I am reporting everything that I steam roll on. I just upgraded on April 4th 2014 and I have already successfully imaged 20 machines after a few bug fixes.

In a simple statement: YES!!!

Stagnant == Stale == decaying == dead in the water != FOG 0.33b

• Senior Developer

[quote=“Jerry Jalenak, post: 25184, member: 23564”]Just joined the forum, so forgive me if this question has been answered already - couldn’t find anything so thought I would ask.

Is FOG still an active project? I’ve been looking for this type of solution, but with the latest stable build from 2011, and what appears to be a stagnant .33 beta build, I thought I’d check to see what, if anything, is still going on with FOG. Can someone help me out here? This looks like the perfect solution for our needs, but I don’t want to jump on a dying (or dead) solution…

Thanks![/quote]

Yeah.

What do you mean Stagnant? I’ve been pushing updates almost daily for the last 6 - 7 months!

• Developer

Stagnant? please define stagnant.

From my observations, and I spend a lot of time here, FOG 0.33b is still under ACTIVE development. I believe we had an update this morning?

The solution is far from dead, the svn is updated regularly.

Users

Topics