How to use execute FOG through command line?

• For example, is it possible to restart a machine and have it reimage itself using a command line approach?

I am a qa automator and I want to be able to deploy tests onto a specific machine and then have them automatically reimaged when the tests are done running. I am using Jenkins as a deployment server and as far as I know, there is no FOG plugin for Jenkins so I would need to do this through command line.

• Perhaps just create a snapin with the requirede command inside, then you can just activate that for the host and it will reboot.

not built in, but you can call the php files passing in the correct information, I think.

• This post is deleted!

• [quote=“chad-bisd, post: 11463, member: 18”]If you schedule a deploy task and no user is logged in, and you have globally enabled the reboot for scheduled jobs settings, and left it enabled in the client, then within 5 minutes the client should detect it has a job waiting and reboot using whatever boot order you have defined in the bios.

You can also use the command line tool built into windows since Windows XP: shutdown.exe, provided you have permissions on the remote machine.[/quote]

Is there a way to deploy a task through command line from the FOG server?

If you schedule a deploy task and no user is logged in, and you have globally enabled the reboot for scheduled jobs settings, and left it enabled in the client, then within 5 minutes the client should detect it has a job waiting and reboot using whatever boot order you have defined in the bios.

You can also use the command line tool built into windows since Windows XP: shutdown.exe, provided you have permissions on the remote machine.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.