Checklist for Setting up proxyDHCP on FOG 0.32 (Ubuntu 10.04)

• I was wondering if anybody has a checklist for setting up FOG in an existing network with proxyDHCP.

I know I am missing something but I am not entirely sure what it is.

System: VituralBox Ubuntu 10.04 running on Mac Mini OS X 10.7.5 Lion Server
    FOG: 0.32
    FOGServer IP: 10.7.7.2
    DHCP Server: 10.7.7.5
    DNS: 10.7.7.5
    Default Gateway: 10.7.7.1

Adapter 1 is in bridged mode
    FOG is not serving DHCP or DNS

LTSP is installed
    dnsmasq is installed

I used the following documents to configure:

[url]http://www.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_ProxyDHCP[/url]

[url]https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/ProxyDHCP[/url]

After running this:

[COLOR=#333333][LEFT][FONT=UbuntuMono](cat <<EOF
    BOOTPROMPT_OPTIONS='quiet splash autoconf=dhcp’
    IPAPPEND=3
    EOF
    ) | sudo tee -a /etc/ltsp/ltsp-update-image.conf
    sudo ltsp-update-image --force [/FONT][/LEFT][/COLOR]

I started getting this when I restarted dnsmasq:

[SIZE=5][B][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Ubuntubeta][SIZE=14px]dnsmasq: failed to create listening socket: Address already in use[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Please help. If anybody has been able to get this working and has a checklist for every step of the setup I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading!

• Developer

[quote]I started getting this when I restarted dnsmasq:

[SIZE=5][B][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Ubuntubeta][SIZE=14px]dnsmasq: failed to create listening socket: Address already in use[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/quote][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Ubuntubeta][SIZE=14px][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px]I received this error right after I installed proxyDHCP, and set up my config file, every time I tried to restart the service it gave me this error. I rebooted and it went away hope this helps you.[/SIZE]

Can you upload your dnsmasq config file, and a listing of your /tftpboot folder contents (ls -alR /tftpboot)? There are a lot of changes that need to be made in regards to the path to the pxelinux.0, pxelinux.cfg/default.

• dhcp server is not running

We’ve set option 66 and 67 for tftp boot and pxelinux.0 but get a tftp error file not found.[ATTACH=full]286[/ATTACH]

[url="/_imported_xf_attachments/0/286_Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 12.40.57 PM.png?:"]Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 12.40.57 PM.png[/url]

did you make sure the dhcp server is not installed/running on FOG?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.