HTML content missing from some pages

• HTML content seems to be sporadic. The main page looks fine:
    main.png

But some pages return plain text instead:
    html.png

Found this in the ssl logs:

[Thu Mar 25 14:33:35.087212 2021] [php7:error] [pid 3778] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.19:34716] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (not finished yet) at position 0 (n): The timezone could not be found in the database in /var/www/html/fog/lib/fog/fogbase.class.php:1113\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/fog/lib/fog/fogbase.class.php(1113): DateTime->__construct('not finished ye...', Object(DateTimeZone))\n#1 /var/www/html/fog/lib/fog/fogbase.class.php(1194): FOGBase::niceDate('not finished ye...')\n#2 /var/www/html/fog/lib/pages/hostmanagementpage.class.php(3073): FOGBase::validDate('not finished ye...')\n#3 /var/www/html/fog/lib/pages/hostmanagementpage.class.php(3242): HostManagementPage->hostSnapinHistory()\n#4 /var/www/html/fog/lib/fog/fogpagemanager.class.php(220): HostManagementPage->edit()\n#5 /var/www/html/fog/management/index.php(58): FOGPageManager->render()\n#6 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/html/fog/lib/fog/fogbase.class.php on line 1113, referer: https://fogserver.domain.com/fog/management/index.php?node=host&sub=list

date.timezone is configured in php.ini. I did update to the latest dev-branch earlier this week. Also noticed I was using MariaDB 5.5 so updated that to 10.4.
    Thank you!

• Senior Developer

@altitudehack May I ask you to open another topic on this issue so we don’t mix things up here? Please post all the details you have here plus the output of grep packages /opt/fog/.fogsettings in that new topic. Maybe also add instructions on how you installed MariaDB (external repo I suppose) so I might be able to reproduce the issue.

Did you switch form the CentOS default mysql 5.7.x to MariaDB from external repo just recently? I ask because this same issue should have come up when updating to FOG 1.5.9.63 already.

• @sebastian-roth I did a new get pull but the installer does not recognize my MariaDB installation:

* Checking package: make......................................OK
     * Checking package: mariadb...................................Failed!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !! The installer was not able to run all the way to the end as   !!
    !! something has caused it to fail. The following few lines are  !! 
    !! from the error log file which might help us figure out what's !!
    !! wrong. Please add this information when reporting an error.   !!           
    !! As well you might want to take a look at the full error log   !!
    !! in /files/git/fogproject-dev-branch/bin/error_logs/fog_error_1.5.9.65.log !!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

httpd-2.4.6-97.el7.centos.x86_64         
    lftp-4.4.8-12.el7_8.1.x86_64                             
    m4-1.4.16-10.el7.x86_64                  
    make-3.82-24.el7.x86_64                  
    package mariadb is not installed         

# mysql -V
    mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.5.9-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

# rpm -qa | grep -i maria
    MariaDB-client-10.5.9-1.el7.centos.x86_64
    php-williamdes-mariadb-mysql-kbs-1.2.12-1.el7.remi.noarch
    MariaDB-common-10.5.9-1.el7.centos.x86_64
    MariaDB-server-10.5.9-1.el7.centos.x86_64
    MariaDB-compat-10.5.9-1.el7.centos.x86_64

• Senior Developer

@altitudehack Thanks and sorry for the long time it took. Finally found time to fix the issue and push to dev-branch. Please update to the latest.

• Senior Developer

@altitudehack Oh well, lost track of this topic, sorry.

Looking into this again I don’t think the mentioned change would actually cause the CSS styling to fail as we see in the picture.

Which pages did you load to get the HTML content?

• Senior Developer

@altitudehack said in HTML content missing from some pages:

FOGBase::validDate(‘not finished ye…’)\n#3 /var/www/html/fog/lib/pages/hostmanagementpage.class.php(3242)

Definitely an issue in the dev-branch code (ref). Thanks for reporting. Will fix that soon.

Users

Topics