• Hello,
    I have a fog server at the latest version, which usually works very well with any type of machine. I also set up the bios / uefi coexistence:

https://wiki.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php/BIOS_and_UEFI_Co-Existence
    “PXEClient: Arch: 00002” and “PXEClient: Arch: 00006”> “i386-efi / ipxe.efi”
    “PXEClient: Arch: 00008”, “PXEClient: Arch: 00009”, and “PXEClient: Arch: 00007”> “ipxe.efi”

It worked perfectly so far.
    My company just bought a fleet of Fujitsu A3510.
    No Bios boot possible, only UEFI.

But these do not get IP with my DHCP server> "no configuration methods succeeded"

I have no idea how to solve my problem, does anyone have any idea?

Thank you

• @sebastian-roth I had a similar issue with Fujitsu Q7010, your advice about building latest iPXE binaries fixed mine. Now it boots just fine, thank you !

• Senior Developer

@EZY4 You can try using a different iPXE binary like snponly.efi at first. This might work with the A3510. Though on the other hand you can’t be sure if this will work for all your other devices.

Not sure if you can setup a particular DHCP policy based on the MAC address just for those machines to use snponly.efi

Other than that I suggest you build the iPXE binaries from the latest official code base and see if those work on the A3510. Assuming you have the FOG stuff in /root/fogproject try this:

sudo -i
    cd /root/fogproject/utils/FOGiPXE/
    ./buildipxe.sh
    cp ../../packages/tftp/ipxe.efi /tftpboot/

Pay attention to the long output when running ./buildipxe.sh as it might fail for whatever reason. If you feel it ends with an error, post the last 20 lines of the output here and we will have a look.

Make sure ipxe.efi is set in your DHCP again, boot up a machine and pay attention to where the preemble tells you the version number iPXE (g…). That should be different to g4bd0 (default on 1.5.9 installs).

Users

Topics