Hi All,
    I have a batch of T495s laptops we are working through imaging. Everything was going well up until today when we started to get the error below that halted the deployment process.

IMG_9037_20210112_144919.jpg

Nothing has changed on our side (FOG 1.5.9, 5.6.18 kernel). It went from one laptop displaying this on attempt #1 and working the second attempt, to a laptop that now has failed 3 times in a row.

Please advise and please tell me what info I missed here since I most certainly forgot to include one thing or another. I can get my hands on one tomorrow to test with.
    Thanks!

@sebastian-roth @george1421 I may have posted this thread prematurely. I ended up having my colleague try a different type of Ethernet dongle (USB-C vs regular USB) and that did seem to fix the halting issue. I can verify tomorrow, but I think that message in the picture is still there, it just keeps imaging until complete now. I also found out a nice new BIOS came out for this model, so it is possible an update can fix the message. I can test the bios update with one at some point, but we are pretty busy with students returning next Tuesday in person.
    I think we can mark as solved in the meantime.

• Senior Developer

@fry_p Does this error halt/freeze the system?

@fry_p The error message is related to a USB3 controller/device. I have seen this error before, but I think the resolution was a firmware or linux kernel update. I have a newer one off kernel if you want to see if that clears this error. Understand the right path is firmware fist then FOG kernel second.

@george1421 To my knowledge they are. I am gathering info this afternoon about it and will check a problem device tomorrow morning.

@fry_p Is the firmware up to date on those lenovos?

Users

Topics