FOG 1.5.0 RC 10

• Developer

@TrialAndError said:

Obviously the development of FOG stopped after a long time of hard work.
    It would be friendly by the developers to inform the users about that.

I am not sure what exactly you mean. This is an open source project and we have no time schedule for new releases and we don’t have a set list of features to add or bugs to resolve. We simply do what we can and like.

It’s quite bizarre to state that FOG development stopped… totally wrong!

• Senior Developer

@trialanderror what are you talking about?

• Obviously the development of FOG stopped after a long time of hard work.

It would be friendly by the developers to inform the users about that.

• @a12660 Create your own thread for this problem, and we will be happy to help.

• @tom-elliott
    Sir,
    not sure where to ask this question.
    I ran into an issue trying to fog a new HP elitebook 850.
    windows 10. connected to server inventory fine.
    tried to capture image. then failed because HP has some kind of bit locker sector on drive. and the system could not copy it.
    I think HP has this hard coded somewhere since this is a SSD drive.
    any help would be appreciated. thanks,
    Allen

@a12660 said in FOG 1.5.0 RC 10:

have image twelve machines with fog 1.5.0-rc-10 no issue.
    now working on more machines cannot pull the pxe dhcp to the fog page for inventory.
    not sure why.

I would request that you open a new thread so we can help you identify your issue. Also in that new thread, please state what device is supplying your dhcp information to the pxe booting clients.

• have image twelve machines with fog 1.5.0-rc-10 no issue.
    now working on more machines cannot pull the pxe dhcp to the fog page for inventory.
    not sure why.

• I am planning a rebuilding of fog machine in many ways. Is there a chance to have 1.5 stable soon? :) i have images in v1.3.x, will i have to remake images or will be able to use with new version, too? ah, and os will change under server, too. From ubuntu to debian finally… now we have a short, but non-imaging period at work, so i can do my work to replacement :)

• I just checked the boards yesterday to see if anything new was going on with FOG. :-) You answered my question.

Thanks for all of your hard work @Tom-Elliott !

Users

Topics