Image upload stops at 80% hung_task_timeout

• Trying to upload an image and it got about 80% then the error below shows on screen and it never finishes.

HP 6000 single disk. chkdsk has been run.

What is process pigz and why is it hungup?

Frustrating!

[COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma][2640.688033] INFO: task pigz:284 blocked for more than 120 seconds
    [2640.688075] “echo 0 > proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs” disables this message.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Nope - plenty of disk space - 2TB currently holding one lonesome image. It starts after about 8 seconds, long pause then jumps to 11 seconds (or so) and upload speed drops, then jumps to 16 seconds, long pause, speed drops - does several times, then very long pause and I get the above message.

• Developer

There is something stopping it at 13%. Out of disk space?

There is only so much i can do with 21 words of information :)

• Mine ends up stopping around 13%. It isn’t the image. It’s every image I try from every computer I try.

• Developer

It stops at 80% because it’s an incomplete image. Filesystem problems would be my guess.

chkdsk /x c:

Resysprep, reupload image

• I am having the same problem. I uploaded one image (desktop) and everything went fine. I came back a week later to upload another (laptop) and I got message above. So after hours of research I ended up reloading my Fog Server and started completely over. So I uploaded one image (laptop) and it went great then tried to upload the other (desktop) now I am getting the same message again. I traded cables, switches, put the fog server hard drive into another machine and changed all the eth0 settings to eth1 and still the same message. Help :)

• Pigz is multithreaded gzip. The three potential issues that come to mind are:
    [LIST=1]
    []The server you’re uploading to is out of space
    [
    ]The host you’re uploading from has a bad sector or some other hard drive issue
    [*]Networking issue that prevented pigz from writing out to the server
    [/LIST]
    Have you tried to upload more than once? Does it happen at the same point every time?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.