Attempting to check in - Failed

• Server
    • FOG Version: 1.3.0-RC-36
    Client
    • Service Version:
    Description

I’ve successfully booted my laptop into Fog Menu and sucessfully registered the laptop. Now when I try to capture the image - on the laptop to keeps failing at “Attempting to check in - Failed” . and his repeats over and over again.

• Good news I see the imaging process going through now. Problem fixed. Thanks Tom.

• just saw your message. ok. I’m updating now. thanks.

• Senior Developer

@froydo I don’t know what you mean.

I pushed the fix to the RC 36 already.

All you need to do is re-pull and install.

• p.s. I saw your comment “The line you’re seeing the error on please edit and remove the this-> part. It should work. I will fix shortly. Please follow exactly. Line 206 of the taskingelement file” . But when I click “this-> part”, nothing happens. Please advise if you are pushing a new RC fix and which file and part I need to modify. Many thanks

• Senior Developer

@froydo So you tried updating?

• Hi Tom,

yes I see these repeated errors in the apache error log

Fri Dec 16 11:07:26.993544 2016] [php7:error] [pid 19524] [client <pc ip>:36314] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Using $this when not in object context in /var/www/html/fog/lib/reg-task/taskingelement.class.php:206\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/fog/lib/reg-task/taskingelement.class.php(124): TaskingElement::checkStorageNodes(Object(StorageGroup))\n#1 [internal function]: TaskingElement->__construct()\n#2 /var/www/html/fog/lib/fog/fogbase.class.php(391): ReflectionClass->newInstanceArgs(Array)\n#3 /var/www/html/fog/service/Pre_Stage1.php(23): FOGBase::getClass(‘TaskQueue’)\n#4 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/fog/lib/reg-task/taskingelement.class.php on line 206

• Senior Developer

Whats in your apache error logs?

My guess? -> https://forums.fogproject.org/topic/9116/attempting-to-check-in-failed

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.