Unsure if these settings in FOG are correct

• @Tom-Elliott do appreciate all your help. My PXE boot client keeps bombing out at the TFTP bit. I have attached a pic…is there any tools to see what TFTP is not doing…??very frustrating…!
    Also its not on the screen, but when i press F11 then F8 the screen displays BD, then it bombs out.

[0_1475756423399_IMAG1208.jpg](Uploading 100%) 0_1475756637041_IMAG1208.jpg

• Senior Developer

@pencils According to your pictures, you have a folder called “tftproot” and I’m fairly sure it should be “/tftpboot” (With a b, not an r).

Yep, it’s with a b:

https://github.com/FOGProject/fogproject/search?utf8=✓&q=tftpboot

Please update your folders properly and the files referencing /tftproot change to /tftpboot and I suspect you’ll have more success. While looking for this, I see that I have a couple of hard-coded references to /tftpboot which should probably use the variable name. I’ll fix that tonight (which should enable people to have their own setup as needed).

• sorry that was my error. It is /tftproot. i have attached a few screen grabs of the different locations of the file structure. Also as i am using DNSMASQ i have attached the config file.

0_1475748439276_IPXE folder.PNG 0_1475748446167_tftproot.PNG 0_1475749007208_dnsmasq1.PNG 0_1475749011911_dnsmasq2.PNG

• @pencils
    Do you have a folder called tftproot or is it just a typo and you have a folder tftpboot?

If it was a typo take a lock at these configs:

Remove the last slash in FOG_TFTP_PXE_KERNEL_DIR setting.
    Check if the .pxe, .kpxe files in the /tftpboot are available?
    Also check if the the kernel and boot images are present in /var/www/fog/service/ipxe

Can you please attach a screenshot of the PXE-M0F error.

• yes. Initially i didnt have a folder at the root called /tftproot. So i manually copied it over. I also isntalled DNSMASQ. I know my PXE client is reading the config file because i made a change to the timeout for pressing F8 from 3 secs to 15. My pixxy client, then, im assuming tries to read the boot file and fails with an exit code. So i changed the config file to read the UNDIONLY.PXE, But it fails and im not sure why. The error is PXE-M0F

• @pencils
    At first view everything seems to be correct. Do you have problems with the tftp?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.