Database fails to initialize 2

• @syschuck; Uhh-oh. This looks like a serious bug in the installer. I just installed the latest fog from github on a freshly installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and it too has the exact same issue with the database not getting build during the install.

• @Tom-Elliott Wow 0.33. It has been a while hasn’t it? I just tied the installer with your patches and it works perfectly. That needed updating for a while now. Thank you.

The database schema issue that is still present though. Would you know off the top of you head where the schema is initially built? Were does mysql initially get called to build the database? I’m going to poke around today and see what I can find.

• Senior Developer

To see, and if you’d like validate, here’s what’s changed.
    https://github.com/FOGProject/fogproject/commit/7b06043cc963a52d1a13836c72fb21c11ceb9b7e

• Senior Developer

If you want to take a look, I know you helped with the initial install of mageia layout for 0.33, which was left mostly unchanged until the current dev (1.3.0-RC’s) and what not started coming into existence.

The changes we made earlier in the other post is only going to show up on RC-9, so it’s not surprising you’re seeing these things. However, what I may need to do is work with you to figure out exactly what changes need to be made, and what additions might be required.

Most of the elements in the 1.3.0-RC-8 installer are now based on variable calls which will only be set IF they’re not already set. There is of course a few obscurities as I’m only so much robot (see what I did there lol). At anyrate, things you could look at would be:

You can set inline with varname=values ./installfog.sh -y or store in .fogsettings file (much more likely and recommended)

packages
    etcconf

The only time I imagine this being an issue is on fresh installs, of which the suggestions for mageia’s package changes and etc configuration will be available for RC-9 (thanks to the detailed information).

Users

Topics