Fog Trunk Autologging Out Immediately

• Hi Everybody,

Apologies if this has been answered but I have looked everywhere and cannot find where somebody has had this issue. I’m running the latest version of FOG Trunk and 11.3 of the client on my Windows machines. I have Auto Logout selected with a default setting of 720 minutes.

The issue I face is that the clients are logging out immediately upon going idle. The client log doesn’t show AutoLogout logs at all, so I’m having a difficult time trying to troubleshoot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

• @Tom-Elliott said in Fog Trunk Autologging Out Immediately:

I did not update the text because I think it’s simpler to enter values in the form of “720 minutes” vs having users run calculations on their own (no offense anybody).

That said, I was unaware the logout time was being done in seconds and not performing the calculation as it had under the legacy client. (Oversight I suppose, for that i’m sorry).

This has been patched and pushed though. Thanks for letting us know.

I agree wholeheartedly and I can confirm that this is now working as it should on the latest 1.3.0-RC2 version.

thanks!

• Senior Developer

I did not update the text because I think it’s simpler to enter values in the form of “720 minutes” vs having users run calculations on their own (no offense anybody).

That said, I was unaware the logout time was being done in seconds and not performing the calculation as it had under the legacy client. (Oversight I suppose, for that i’m sorry).

This has been patched and pushed though. Thanks for letting us know.

• Senior Developer

@Tom-Elliott can you fix the server text?

• Thanks for your reply. This is the log I was looking for. It appears that the machine is being set to logout after 720 SECONDS, not minutes as the GUI says. So is this a bug or is the GUI wrong?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------AutoLogOut----------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     7/15/2016 3:20 PM Client-Info Client Version: 0.11.3
     7/15/2016 3:20 PM Client-Info Client OS:      Windows
     7/15/2016 3:20 PM Client-Info Server Version: 8595
     7/15/2016 3:20 PM Middleware::Response Success
     7/15/2016 3:20 PM AutoLogOut Time set to 720 seconds
     7/15/2016 3:20 PM AutoLogOut Inactive for 1 seconds```

• Senior Developer

Please upload / see C:\Users\<Name Of User With Issue>\.fog_user.log

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.