Git 7917: web root for new storage node

• Ok this is a very small thing but I am enjoying this disk cloning solution, so I hope my small newbie contributions help a bit.

In GIT (trunk) version7917 on Debian 8. When adding a new storage node, the field Web Root is blank. The wiki does not tell what the value should be by default. After trial and error I found out it should be /fog in there, not blank. After typing that and saving, it connects in the dashboard and starts replicating after a while, just as advertised.

I made the storage node on a QNAP NAS, inside a Debian virtual machine using the QNAP “Virtualization Station” app that comes free with the NAS and followed the FOG wiki for install instructions. Works fine!

The /fog value for Web Root should be a default I think, so you don’t have to guess when adding a storange node. Keep up the good work, greetings from Holland.

0_1464481404111_2016-05-29_02-01-31.jpg

• Senior Developer

Done and completed. Not really a “bug” persay but still a good thing to do. Sorry I didn’t do it sooner.

This is confusing to new-comers. I have a feature request for this very issue, right here:
    https://forums.fogproject.org/topic/7541/default-web-root-for-new-storage-nodes

Give that thread some love.

• i typed

/fog

mine is working with that set

I think there was a request made to fill it in by default, then the sysadmin could change it if needed, but /fog is what my storage node is using

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.