FOG Client and Host Registration

• Hello guys.

We have about 1000 computers and reading the wiki about FOG Client I saw that one of its feature is the Host Registration… However, after installing the FOG Client in a Windows machine the Host Registration didn’t work…

May you help me about that?

Thank you in advance…

• If you have access to DHCP. Export data to csv and then import to FOG. Then schedule a Hardware Inventroy task in FOG.

• [quote=“Raff, post: 3613, member: 298”]The windows fog client no longer register’s the clients, it was removed a couple of versions ago. You have to do it manually through pxe menu or import via web console.[/quote]

[S]Your post is the first I’ve heard of this. Where did you get this information? The HostRegister.dll is still included in the fog program file folder. I see no other reference to the removal of this feature.[/S]

Ok, after some digging, I see one other reference to this:
    [url]http://fogproject.org/forum/threads/fog-client.606/#post-2753[/url]

I’d love to have this feature back. I wish I knew more about programming! Maybe I’ll change that…

Anyway, how can I help get this feature back?
    Anyone think of some work-arounds?

• The windows fog client no longer register’s the clients, it was removed a couple of versions ago. You have to do it manually through pxe menu or import via web console.

Users

Topics