FOG Client and Host Registration

• Hello guys.

We have about 1000 computers and reading the wiki about FOG Client I saw that one of its feature is the Host Registration… However, after installing the FOG Client in a Windows machine the Host Registration didn’t work…

May you help me about that?

Thank you in advance…

• If you have access to DHCP. Export data to csv and then import to FOG. Then schedule a Hardware Inventroy task in FOG.

• [quote=“Raff, post: 3613, member: 298”]The windows fog client no longer register’s the clients, it was removed a couple of versions ago. You have to do it manually through pxe menu or import via web console.[/quote]

[S]Your post is the first I’ve heard of this. Where did you get this information? The HostRegister.dll is still included in the fog program file folder. I see no other reference to the removal of this feature.[/S]

Ok, after some digging, I see one other reference to this:
    [url]http://fogproject.org/forum/threads/fog-client.606/#post-2753[/url]

I’d love to have this feature back. I wish I knew more about programming! Maybe I’ll change that…

Anyway, how can I help get this feature back?
    Anyone think of some work-arounds?

• The windows fog client no longer register’s the clients, it was removed a couple of versions ago. You have to do it manually through pxe menu or import via web console.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.