Missing Log Files

• I’m trying to troubleshoot why I can’t multicast, but I don’t have ANY log files to look at…

Nothing to see on the Web UI with the Log Viewer, and there’s nothing when I browse the /opt/fog/log directory on the server.

If anyone could help me, that would be awesome. I’m new to Linux and FOG, so bare with me please. :)

Please start a new thread with the specifics about the issue you are having including what version of Linux and FOG you are running.

• Hi!

I am experiencing the same problem, I don’t have logs and the services aren’t running. I get that error:

Restarting FOG Computer Imaging Solution: FOGMultitaskManager
    start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 2034: No such process

Has anyone found a solution?

• Developer

If you run in the server:
    [B][I]#ps aux | grep FOG[/I][/B]
    The response is:
    [B][I]1000 2052 0.0 0.1 4364 812 tty1 S+ 17:19 0:00 grep --color=auto FOG[/I][/B]

You have a problem :) . FOG uses certain daemon:
    [LIST]
    []FOGMulticastManager: this daemon manages the multicast session. This daemon logs in /opt/fog/log/multicast.log
    [
    ]FOGScheduler: this daemon manages the scheduled tasks. And logs in /opt/fog/log/fogscheduler.log
    [*]FOGImageReplicator: this daemon manages the images between storage nodes, and logs in /opt/fog/log/fogreplicator.log
    [/LIST]
    The server runs those daemons when the server turn on, or you can stop and start them running:

#/etc/init.d/FOGMulticastManager start
    Be sure that you have permissons to run it (be root or sudoers)
    For example:
    [CODE]

/etc/init.d/FOGMulticastManager start

Iniciando FOGMulticastManager: [ OK ]
    [/CODE]

• This is what I’m getting back, when I do what you did.
    [QUOTE]1000 2052 0.0 0.1 4364 812 tty1 S+ 17:19 0:00 grep --color=auto FOG[/QUOTE]

If I try to do /etc/init.d/FOGMulticastManager I get back
    [QUOTE] * Restarting FOG Computer Imaging Solution: FOGMultitaskManager
    start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 2034: No such process[/QUOTE]
    and then off to the right it says [ OK ]

If I try to stop the service, I get the same warning with a different process number but it still says OK. When I start it back up though, there’s no error and it says OK.

Like I said… I’m new Linux…

• This post is deleted!

• Developer

Be sure that the FOGMulticastManager script is running.

[QUOTE]
    $ps aux | grep FOG
    root 4510 0.0 0.1 21772 8604 ? S May04 0:11 /usr/bin/php -q /opt/fog/service/FOGTaskScheduler/FOGTaskScheduler
    [B]root 4552 0.0 0.0 20088 6532 ? S May04 1:13 /usr/bin/php -q /opt/fog/service/FOGMulticastManager/FOGMulticastManager[/B]
    root 4596 0.0 0.0 19856 6340 ? S May04 0:01 /usr/bin/php -q /opt/fog/service/FOGImageReplicator/FOGImageReplicator
    root 24037 0.0 0.0 4584 1108 pts/1 S 13:40 0:04 /bin/bash /opt/fog/service/FOGpxe/FOGpxe.sh[/QUOTE]

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.