TFTP sub directories not being created

• Developer

Upgrading to the latest (6901) I noticed that the two sub dirs ‘efi-i386’ and ‘pxelinux.cfg’ won’t be created in /tftpboot when running the installer because of a screwed check. And even if the check was alright still ‘pxelinux.cfg’ would not be created properly because the awk foo removed the ‘.cfg’ and I ended up with ‘/tftpboot/pxelinux/’… here is a patch proposal (only tested on debian so far):

diff --git a/lib/common/functions.sh b/lib/common/functions.sh
    index f44598f..313ff6a 100755
    --- a/lib/common/functions.sh
    +++ b/lib/common/functions.sh
    @@ -443,9 +443,8 @@ configureTFTPandPXE() {
         [[ -d $tftpdirdst && ! -d ${tftpdirdst}.prev ]] && mkdir -p ${tftpdirdst}.prev >>$workingdir/error_logs/fog_error_${version}.log 2>&1
         [[ -d ${tftpdirdst}.prev ]] && cp -Rf $tftpdirdst/* ${tftpdirdst}.prev/ >>$workingdir/error_logs/fog_error_${version}.log 2>&1
         cd $tftpdirsrc
    -    tftpdirs=$(find ! -path . ! -path .. -type d | awk -F[./] '{print $3}')
    -    for tftpdir in $tftpdirs; do
    -        [[ ! -d $tftpdir ]] && mkdir -p $tftpdirdst/$tftpdir >>$workingdir/error_logs/fog_error_${version}.log 2>&1
    +    for tftpdir in $(ls -d */); do
    +        [[ ! -d $tftpdirdst/$tftpdir ]] && mkdir -p $tftpdirdst/$tftpdir >>$workingdir/error_logs/fog_error_${version}.log 2>&1
         done
         local findoptions=""
         [[ $notpxedefaultfile == true ]] && findoptions="! -name default"

• Senior Developer

I was able to confirm the issue of the sub directories not being created and after making the proposed suggestions the installer did indeed create the pxelinux.cfg and i386-efi folders. This issue was present on both Ubuntu and Fedora.

I’m marking this as solved.

• Senior Developer

Edited as suggested.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.