Adding Network Printers

• I’m fairly new to FOG and am having some issues with printer management. Currently we are adding in networked shared printers to a users computer after we have imaged it. Instead I would like to make groups of different sites and add the network share printers to the users through FOG. I’m currently testing and have come across an issue.

0_1453923832149_printers.PNG

As of right now I have only been able to get two printers to show up out of the four I have tried to add. I have double checked the spelling and made sure the printers were online. I am able to add them manually threw windows so I am not quit sure what the issue is.

0_1453924057219_fog user data.PNG

The above FOG-user log is showing communication with all four printer names but they will not show up. Global Printer management is set to on so I know that is no the issue.

0_1453924305147_print mngr.PNG

The default printer select is also incorrect. If you have any information or suggestions please help.

Thanks,
    Jon

• I seem to have solved my own issue. The printers were not adding to my account but they were added to the local admin setup account. When I removed them from the admin account and did a reboot the printers were then added to my account. Thanks for the help tho.

• @Jbob said:

@Wayne-Workman the tool is for Local Printers (TCP/IP), not print server ones.

Still.

• @Jbob

Thanks for the fast reply. This isn’t a very pressing issue so just get to it when you can.

• Senior Developer

@jonathancomputer My initial guess is that it’s caused by the printer name on the computer not matching the Printer Alias. I will need to do some tests to confirm this though.

• Senior Developer

@Wayne-Workman the tool is for Local Printers (TCP/IP), not print server ones.

• There’s a tool to help with this created by @Jbob. I’d really like to see it added, @Tom-Elliott

Users

Topics