Imaging new Computers

• I am new to FOG so this may be a very rookie mistake.

I work at a small high school that uses FOG to image our student PC’s (about 40) and laptops (25). I have 2 replacement laptops that I just purchased, HP elitebooks, that will not take an image. This is the first time that I have started with a fresh computer, as I had previously only done re-imaging of computers that had issues and were already FOGed.

I have created a new host for the laptop using its MAC address and deployed the image. From there, I was told (and have always done) to press f12 on start up to get it to network boot. When I do that, I can see it trying to reach the FOG server but it eventually times out. I have tried numerous times, and never been successful. The closest that I have gotten it is for the FOG screen to come up very briefly and then it stopped and just booted into windows.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Also, are there any well done guides that are accessible for making new images and uploading them, as well as proper deployment for new machines? I have tried looking for them but I have never had any success.

Thanks!

• Developer

How is DHCP setup in your network? Maybe this is dnsmasq ProxyDHCP and the new EliteBooks (EFI??) don’t like to talk to it?!? Just a random guess.

What model is the EliteBook?

Can you double-check that other hosts can still network boot and get to the fog boot menu?

What version of FOG are you using?

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.