Uploading image... so loooonnnng!

• hi,

i have already ask for some problem of tftp download freeze, it sontinue, and it is not a dhcp problem. but it is not the matter. i think it is in relation with Vbox.

i have correctly start a full register of UC, and started an image upload. it successfully start at pxe boot. but. It is my first use of upload in fog, so i don’t know what is normal response at screen. system partition is 7Go size.

i seen * … resizing -> ok and next step too, but now i have lost of TAB + * on screen making this:

*                            *                               *                               *
           *                                *                             *                            *
                  *                                  *                           *                              *

etc…
    no percentage , no image file in destination folder, no error message. there is 4 hours imaging now… it is a very long time to do this.

the destination nfs directory is 3Gb size, but i had mounted a 10Go partition on a subdirectory /images/disks/ , and destination image location is this sub folder.
    unfortunately fog webpage show me a 100% used space… impossible. there is no file in destination images directory… where are temporary data ?

TEST  7,20 GiB 	0,00 iB 	No Data

is it normal ?

• Senior Developer

What are all the abbreviations?

@megs said:

i have correctly start a full register of UC

What is a UC?

If the browser is showing 100% used space, my best guess is you really ARE at 100% used space.

When fog installs, it creates the /images folder for you. If you added a 10 gigabyte partition (very small be begin with) and mounted it to the /images directory, your display should show properly.

How big is the root partition (/)? You can check with:

sudo df

@megs It’s a move between /dev and /final_folder, no need to have lot of space.
    What version of fog do you use ?

• Hmm, okay, i clean it, thank a lot. i see now that was totaly stupid to mount it there. i need to rethink space disk for partitions. and i understand that we need double space of image to succesfull image an UC : one for temporary in /dev, and one into final directory it is true ? so for a 5 Gb image we need 10-11Gb space disk free in nfs share ?

I’ll try to image a dos UC to see. itwill be more quick to test. dos vbox powaaa…

@megs Hi, temporary data are stored in /images/dev/MAC_ADRESS_OF_YOUR_COMPUTER

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.