NAS problem iomega NFS mount ?

• connecting to external storage.
    I have an external node setup to storage my images, it’s an iomega IX4.
    The current images on the fog server are replicated without a problem.
    Putting a new image on the NAS is giving me an error, no matter what I try.

I get a mounting file system failed
    fogimages/dev on /images failed. failed to mount NFS volume
    also tried to point to /mnt/pools/A/A0/images That doesn’t work either :(

All versions of fog currently put only one storage node’s config into /etc/exports, normally, this is just /images

so the first thing is to check the exports file: /etc/exports. If an entry for your eternal drive isn’t there, just copy/paste the two existing lines and change the paths to point to the external drive.

Note that inside the external drive’s “images” directory, you need a “dev” directory.

/images/dev

also, in both /images and in /images/dev, you need a hidden file, named .mntcheck

you can create this file using the touch command, like this: touch .mntcheck

(removing fog out of the equation for a second) Ok and you have that box exported (in the iomega) and then mounted onto a folder on your linux box?

• yeah that was’t clear. this is not a storage node but an external iomega box.

Could you clarify this a bit. Do you have a FOG Storage node setup or do you just have external storage connected via NFS?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.