Reinstall fog server SVN 1.3 - certificate problem ?

• Hi,

Before doing mistakes, I would like to know good practice for reinstalling my fog server which is running svn 1.3 and new client. Main question is about client certificate, I dont’ want to reinstall all computers because of this.
    I made a backup of database and images, I saved /opt/fog folder (for snapins and .fogsettings) and var/www/fog folder (for CA.cert).
    Is there other things to know about migration ?
    Is there a risk with ca.perm file ?

Thanks
    Matthieu

• Thanks !

Reason is that these 3 passwords were identical

Web Interface -> Storage Management -> Your storage node -> Management Username & Management Password

Web Interface -> FOG Configuration -> FOG Settings -> TFTP Server -> FOG_TFTP_FTP_USERNAME & FOG_TFTP_FTP_PASSWORD

/opt/fog/.fogsettings -> storageftpuser & storageftppass

But not the local ‘fog’ user’s password on the Linux FOG server

It works like that on previous installation, this time I changed the 3 others passwords to match with local fog user and everything is fine ;)

• @Matthieu-Jacquart there is an entire wiki article just on troubleshooting FTP.

In it, there is a section about credentials. If you follow the guidelines in there, you should be imaging in no time.

https://wiki.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php/Troubleshoot_FTP

• Arf, new install seemed fine, but I tried to deploy host and I’ve got this error :

Failed to create deployment tasking for the following hosts

FOGFTP: Login failed. Host: 192.168.10.60, Username: fog, Password: JLeEBf2xZutR, Error: ftp_login(): Login incorrect.

In my .fogsettings file there is :

storageftpuser="fog";
    storageftppass='JLeEBf2xZutR';

And I replaced line

password='ukDg6bE1bVSE';

With

password='JLeEBf2xZutR';

Like on previous server, but same error

What is wrong ?

Thanks
    Matthieu

• Ok great, Let’s go ;)

Thanks !

• @Matthieu-Jacquart said:

@Tom-Elliott Ok Thanks !

So just create new debian server, put opt/fog in place, and then run installer, so certificate must be the same ?
    And I have to install 1.2 then svn or directly svn ?

After putting the old opt/fog in place, you may directly install the latest svn.

• @Tom-Elliott Ok Thanks !

So just create new debian server, put opt/fog in place, and then run installer, so certificate must be the same ?
    And I have to install 1.2 then svn or directly svn ?

• Senior Developer

You should not need to copy the /var/www/fog, but the /opt/fog/snapins/ssl would be needed. When you rebuild the new server, before you install fog, put the /opt/fog folder back in place.

Then run the FOG Installer. It will create the certificate files you need.

Users

Topics