Fog 1.2.0 - Multicast not cloning

• Hi there. I´m new on Fog, it´s really nice and useful. I could successfully achive unicast tasks; I can clon ONE host without problem. But when I try to do a Multicast (either with one host or more), the clients boot fine, they pass all the steps, but then they stop at the cloning screen and don´t go on and don´t clon anything. Some kind of help? Thanks in advance.

• @pabloinza Hi my friends. Finally i could solve this changing Ubuntu to ver 12.04. Here muticast works fine.

• @ch3i No problem pal. I´ll try to investigate. Thanks!

@pabloinza said:

@ch3i Ok, great! By the way, I´d like to install Fog WITHOUT dhcp service, on a PC which is currently running on a network that gets IP from the dhcp of a TP-LINK Router. I know I need to install dnsmasq service. I did it, the pxe clients get ip from the tplink router, but thay can´t reach properly the pxe boot file. Would you please give a hand whith this? The name of the files to edit and lines to type so as to let pxe clients boot prperly? Thanks so much!

Never used dnsmask, sorry.

• @ch3i Ok, great! By the way, I´d like to install Fog WITHOUT dhcp service, on a PC which is currently running on a network that gets IP from the dhcp of a TP-LINK Router. I know I need to install dnsmasq service. I did it, the pxe clients get ip from the tplink router, but thay can´t reach properly the pxe boot file. Would you please give a hand whith this? The name of the files to edit and lines to type so as to let pxe clients boot prperly? Thanks so much!

@pabloinza said:

@ch3i Hi ch3i. Thanks fot contacting. If I decide to try a newer version of Ubuntu, which one would you recomend me? What is SVN?

Ubuntu 14.04, for SVN version you have to read that : https://wiki.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php/SVN
    SVN versions are dev releases for next FOG (1.3)

• @ch3i Hi ch3i. Thanks fot contacting. If I decide to try a newer version of Ubuntu, which one would you recomend me? What is SVN?

@pabloinza said:

@ch3i Well well well…my last update of this thread:
    I restart the system, restart fog server, restart FOGMulticastManager service, and yes!..now it restart successfuly and let me do a multicast!
    I don´t know if it´s a momentary failure, if it´s my mistake or what. The point is I could solve it. I hope it keeps working! :(
    Thanks to all of you. If I have nes I tell you.

Hi, not sure if it’s a momentary failure, but you have the solution to solve it. Please consider to use a recent version of Ubuntu/Fedora/Debian with FOG 1.2 or SVN version (SVN have awesome features and tweaks).

• @ch3i Well well well…my last update of this thread:
    I restart the system, restart fog server, restart FOGMulticastManager service, and yes!..now it restart successfuly and let me do a multicast!
    I don´t know if it´s a momentary failure, if it´s my mistake or what. The point is I could solve it. I hope it keeps working! :(
    Thanks to all of you. If I have nes I tell you.

• @ch3i
    /etc/init.d/FOGImageReplicator
    /etc/init.d/FOGMulticastManager
    /etc/init.d/FOGScheduler

Finally now I understand the sentences in Ubuntu are CASE sensitive! :(

So, I type again:
    service FOGMulticastManager restart

and I get:
    start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 948: No such process

and the it fails to restart the service

How to solve it?

@pabloinza said:

Hi all you folks! Thanks for answering! Ubuntu version 10.04. How do I check if FOGMulticastManager service is running? I tried the comman line: sudo service FOGMulticastManager restart, and it says “service not recognized” How come?

Result of ls -l /etc/init.d/FOG* ?

• @Wayne-Workman Ubuntu 10.04

• Hi all you folks! Thanks for answering! Ubuntu version 10.04. How do I check if FOGMulticastManager service is running? I tried the comman line: sudo service FOGMulticastManager restart, and it says “service not recognized” How come?

@pabloinza said:

Hi there. I´m new on Fog, it´s really nice and useful. I could successfully achive unicast tasks; I can clon ONE host without problem. But when I try to do a Multicast (either with one host or more), the clients boot fine, they pass all the steps, but then they stop at the cloning screen and don´t go on and don´t clon anything. Some kind of help? Thanks in advance.

Hi, can you check if FOGMulticastManager service is running ? The stuck a Partclone step in multicast is because Parclone wait for data.

What Linux distribution and version?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.