syzop last edited by
I just upgraded from 0.33 (or 0.32, I forgot) to 1.2.0.
I experienced odd issues with Firefox: from Host Management if I tried to search on a computer, I got an error.
If I clicked all hosts and then a host, I saw the details of the host correctly… great.
However in that individual host XYZ screen if I then clicked ‘Basic Tasks’ (to deploy something) nothing happened… the browser scrolled down a bit but that’s it… no screen change… no Download/Upload things to click.
When I tried Internet explorer it had no such issues.
Turned out that after I clear the browser cache, it all works (again) :).
Now why would that be needed? Are there files shipped in fog 1.2.0 that are older than what I had in 0.32/0.33? And thus the “newer” but actually “older” file is still cached? Or something similar / else?
There must, after all, be some reason for it to hold the cache incorrectly… caching isn’t that dumb.
(Firefox 36, and I did restart several times - for other reasons - so it’s not session related)
I suggest to find the cause and fix it in some way. Not for me… I’m fine now, but for those others that upgrade.
Just a suggestion :)
This might fix the issue [url]http://stackoverflow.com/questions/118884/what-is-an-elegant-way-to-force-browsers-to-reload-cached-css-js-files[/url]
This isn’t something that I can fix. This is specific to your browser (notice the keyword of your) in this sentence. Your local system has stored a “cache” of what it expects to find for the page. If you clear cache this fixes it, or if you tell the page to do a “hard refresh” it should fix the issue as well. My installation scripts have no way of knowing what items your browser has cached on it.