Is Green FOG working for anyone in FOG 1.2.0?

• Is Green FOG working for anyone in FOG 1.2.0?

I googled the heck out of it and I have tried multiple changes such as reducing checkin time, disabling firewall etc and I can’t seem to get it to work with Windows 7 Pro Workstations. Any help/advice appreciated. My OS is Debian Wheezy. Thanks!

• Senior Developer

Just to pipe in, Junkhacker is spot on. The old client breaks in quite a few places when you wander past Windows XP. The new client [B]does[/B] support Green FOG on xp+, in fact its already been developed and will be available in the initial beta release of the new client.

• Thanks for the official response Junkhacker it saves me from spending the day looking into it on my end :).

• Developer

green fog is currently not working for anything newer then xp. the new client is expected to support these features

• That’s the same result I got gimili. I did notice that there is still talk about Green FOG in the new client development thread here: [url]http://fogproject.org/forum/threads/new-client-progress.12136/[/url]. Hopefully that means it’s either coming back or getting fixed if it’s broken for more than just us. I’m pretty sure I saw one of the devs say they were overhauling Green FOG to be able to do per group/PC tasks but I can’t seem to find where I saw it now. I’ll let you know if I find anything that fixes it.

• Looks like Green FOG may be dead soon but there is an alternate suggestion: [url]http://fogproject.org/forum/threads/greenfog-not-working.10246/#post-24681[/url]

• Thanks Darrin. I did the timezone fix in php.ini. I checked the login reports so I know it is tracking the right times but workstations still won’t shut down. I also restarted the FOG services.

• One thing to check is to make sure that you’ve set your timezone in php.ini. Be sure to reload/restart your apache service after making the change or it won’t take effect. I had forgotten to do make that change on my new install and it wasn’t sending the shutdown/reboot requests at the expected time as a result. I’m running some tests tonight to make sure that corrected the issue for me and will let you know if I’m successful or back to the drawing board.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.