TFTP Open Timeout

• Forgive me if this has been answered before but I couldn’t find the solution. I used to have v.32 working just fine.

I keep getting a TFTP Open Timeout error when a client tries to boot. I can’t get this thing to boot from the server.

CentOS 6 Server running FOG 1.1.1 (TFTP without DHCP)
    PFsense router with DHCP correctly configured. The clients are given DHCP addresses properly.
    firewall is disabled
    Option 67 is set as /undionly.kpxe.

Am I doing this right? I can’t tell if TFTP is running because it’s under xinet. That part is new to me.

• I’ve solved this. I hadn’t configured dhcpd.conf correctly in my pfSense router.

Apparently, [CODE]option tftp-server-name “ipaddressofserver”;[/CODE] doesn’t do anything, which I find weird. Only the [CODE]next-server[/CODE] seems to work.

Thanks for your help everybody.

• Developer

Connection refused means that there is a firewall(iptables/ufw) issue or the service is no longer operating correctly. On some versions of Ubuntu tftp will fail for unknown reasons and will need to be restarted.

• option 67 was set to undionly.kpxe.

[CODE] tftp x.x.x.x get undionly.kpxe[/CODE]

gives me a server error:

tftpd: read(ack): Connection refused

selinux is set to permissive and iptables is off. Permissions on /tftpboot are 777.

• Developer

• Senior Developer

Is it set as: /undionly.kpxe or undionly.kpxe?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.