AD Joining/Namechanger issues

• After Fog has imaged a computer it does not change the name or join the domain. I have Fog services on delayed start. Here is a section of the log file with the error for namechanger about joining the domain:

6/16/2014 2:28 PM FOG::HostnameChanger Attempting to connect to fog server…
    6/16/2014 2:28 PM FOG::HostnameChanger Module is active…
    6/16/2014 2:28 PM FOG::HostnameChanger AD mode requested, confirming settings.
    6/16/2014 2:28 PM FOG::HostnameChanger Could not find any recognizable digits.
    6/16/2014 2:28 PM FOG::HostnameChanger at System.ParseNumbers.StringToInt(String s, Int32 radix, Int32 flags, Int32* currPos)
    at System.Convert.ToByte(String value, Int32 fromBase)
    at FOG.FOGCrypt.hexToByte(String hex)
    at FOG.FOGCrypt.decryptHex(String hex)
    at FOG.HostNameChanger.changeHostName()

I verified that the default domain settings are there and correct (just username not domain\username) what am I missing?

• I should have known that. Thanks it fixed that issue.

• Developer

[quote=“Mark Carrara, post: 30491, member: 1363”]
    6/16/2014 2:28 PM FOG::HostnameChanger AD mode requested, confirming settings.
    6/16/2014 2:28 PM FOG::HostnameChanger Could not find any recognizable digits.
    6/16/2014 2:28 PM FOG::HostnameChanger at System.ParseNumbers.StringToInt(String s, Int32 radix, Int32 flags, Int32* currPos)
    at System.Convert.ToByte(String value, Int32 fromBase)
    at FOG.FOGCrypt.hexToByte(String hex)
    at FOG.FOGCrypt.decryptHex(String hex)
    at FOG.HostNameChanger.changeHostName()
    [/quote]

This error signifies you did not use the FogCrypt Service to encrypt your password.

[B][URL=‘http://www.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php/FOGCrypt’]http://www.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php/FOGCryp[/URL]t[/B]

[B]Edit: [/B]This wiki page has been updated for the changes in Fog 1.x.x

• I forgot to say I am using Fog 1.10 and the computer is running Windows7. The image was created using VMware workstation. Anything else that could help let me know.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.