Fog rejoining computer to AD that is already in AD

• I have a minor problem. I can get fog to join computers to AD in an OU if they do not exist in that OU; however, if they exist in that OU, it gives me this error ( Error 2224 )

Once, I delete the computer from the OU in AD, and restart the fog service, it joins AD again and the OU just fine. I also noticed, that if I don’t assign an OU, I do not have this problem, it will join the domain again after a reimage…even if it is already in AD.

Has anyone else ran into this.

• [quote=“David, post: 1293, member: 495”]I have a minor problem. I can get fog to join computers to AD in an OU if they do not exist in that OU; however, if they exist in that OU, it gives me this error ( Error 2224 )

Once, I delete the computer from the OU in AD, and restart the fog service, it joins AD again and the OU just fine. I also noticed, that if I don’t assign an OU, I do not have this problem, it will join the domain again after a reimage…even if it is already in AD.

Has anyone else ran into this.[/quote]

i went through that when i first started using fog to join my computers…but i learned to delete or un-join my computers before re-fogging them

• [quote=“David, post: 1293, member: 495”]I have a minor problem. I can get fog to join computers to AD in an OU if they do not exist in that OU; however, if they exist in that OU, it gives me this error ( Error 2224 )

Has anyone else ran into this.[/quote]

I use Fog to automate the entire process of joining AD after imaging. If the computer account already exists in AD, as long as you don’t specify a container, it will simply rejoin that computer to the AD it was previously located. If you however have a computer that was never in AD, you may specify a container to do so but just for ease of use and to avoid problems, I have them join the default “Computers” OU and just move them afterwards.

• thats what i do anyway, make sure that the machine is in AD and i never specify a container just leave the field blank and you wont have a issues… If im not mistaken its in the documentation that you should leave this field blank

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.