FOG install on Ubuntu question regarding WebGUI

• Hi,

I have installed Ubuntu 14.04 on my server and installed Fog as well. I went through all of the steps and I am on the step where it says to “Complete the configuration” where you have to set up the web GUI for Fog. Does this need to be done by going to the [url]http://<serverIP>/fog/management[/url] on the Fog server or can I go there on my Windows laptop? I tried to go there on my Windows Laptop and get “Unable to Connect to Database.” I did not install a GUI on my Ubuntu Linux server as I like to not have a GUI for security reasons and just use the command line. So I am not able to open up a browser on the server as I have not GUI. Do I need to do this step from the server or should I be able to do it from another workstation?

Thanks
    Andrew

• That did it. I did set a different mySQL password other than the default and I forgot to go back and change it in there.

Thanks so much.
    Andrew

• Developer

you will be able to complete the configuration of the server from any computer with a web browser that can communicate with the server. however, the error you’re getting is most likely from the server not having the mySQL password set in the /var/www/fog/commons/config.php file. the web server cannot connect to the database.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.