[SOLVED]Fatal Error : Failed to mount NFS Volume

• Hello
    i’m posting here my problem & solution at the same time. I’ve been checking around this forum for threads on the problem, but I couldn’t find any.
    (fog 0.32, running on Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS)

So here is the message I got when I want to upload an image to the server (I didn’t test on the deploying side)

[CODE]>>Send method…NFS

Preparing to send image File to the server.

Mounting File System… mount : RPC: Remote system error - Connection refused

mounting 172.17.17.17:/images/dev/ on /images failed : Bad File Descriptor

Done

Checking Mounted File System…

*An error has been detected!

Fatal Error : Failed to mount NFS Volume.

• Computer will reboot in 1minute.

************************************[/CODE]

After some searches, i could resolve the issue by restarting the nfs service… The portmapper caused troubles for me as well, so i include it here :
    [CODE]service portmap restart
    service nfs-kernel-server restart
    [/CODE]

I hope this is to be useful for somebody !

• If you would read the post and he did not edited the post after your questions you could read: “After some searches, i could resolve the issue by restarting the nfs service… The portmapper caused troubles for me as well, so i include it here :”

• Senior Developer

I’m think that what fixed the guys issue was running the commands:
    [CODE]service portmap restart
    service nfs-kernel-server restart[/CODE]
    He was just making a comment to state that it may have just solved his issue.

• Developer

[quote=“chad-bisd, post: 15982, member: 18”]Please post the details unless they are embarrassing, of course.[/quote]

^ LOL!!!

I don’t care if they are embarrassing or not, if you have the will to come ask for help, the LEAST you can do when you solve it is:
    1.) let the community know that you have solved the issue. and
    2.) post the steps it took to resolve so others can use it for troubleshooting notes/reference when trying to help others!

• Please post the details for all the other people with the same error (just like me ;))

Please post the details unless they are embarrassing, of course.

• May just have solved my issue!!!

Users

Topics