Removal of Fog user in Fog Project
Hi guys, what happens if I remove the default fog user in the fog dashboard? does it create some kind of issue? Of course, I need to create other users first to log in.
Wayne Workman last edited by
@zfeng Glad you figured this out. When you find a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one or more is incorrect, or they are incomplete.
I think there something has to do with the newer computer I have, nothing wrong with the Fog project itself. Sorry for the false alarm
That is the odd part. If there is something wrong with the new user while the default user is gone, the problem should happen to all computer deployment. However, the problem happens to certain deployment. If I remember correct, I also saw the issue when expanding the “/dev/sda2” while capturing the image. It just says that it cannot expand th “/dev/sda2”
I build another fog project and keep the fog user when creating new image. I use computer A to get the image and deploy to computer C. Everything works perfectly.
While I understand what you are saying but the fog user should not be important since that is for the web ui only. Unless is api key is use someplace deep down inside the code, once imaging starts the web ui is only in monitoring mode.
So in my mind the question are:
- is it actually a user called
fogthat is important (hint rename fog to fogadmin but keep same uid)
- is it a user with a uid of 1 that is important (delete original fog user and create new one this should generate a new uid with the same account name)
- How is this possible? (something only the @Developers can answer)
- is it actually a user called
@george1421 thanks for your quick response. I believe that all users we create through the web UI are admin users. I come into a very odd situation.
- I created image 1 and captured the info through computer A with the default fog user. This image 1 works perfectly fine when I deploy to computer B and C
- I then created a new user, called test, without the API enabled, and removed the default user fog through the UI (default user had UI enabled). Since the image 1 is created through the fog user, everything still works fine with deployment
- Now we don’t have the default user fog, I use the user test to create image 2 and capture info through computer D. I then deploy this image 2 to computer B, everything looks fine. When I deploy the image 2 to computer C, the problem occurs. The problem happens when it tries to expand the /dev/sda2, right after the cloning process is done with the message “cloning successfully” is printed out.
Computers A,B, and D are actually the same type. Computer C is a newer version of them but should be the same.
To prove that fog user is important, I build another fog project and keep the fog user when creating new image. I use computer A to get the image and deploy to computer C. Everything works perfectly.
like what I said, this is just something odd. For now I will keep the fog user when creating images
@zfeng You can remove the default user
fogand probably should for security reasons. But before you do that I would create a new admin user or you will loose access to the web ui. There is nothing unique about the
fogweb ui user other than he’s an admin.