Switching to Gpxelinux

[quote=“Kevin, post: 10328, member: 3”]The guide helped a lot. Thank you for it. Since I use Ubuntu, things were in different places, but I was able to get it figured out. I can post the changes here if you’d like. I was able to image some VM’s and boot ISO’s with it, so i’m pretty happy. The one thing i’m not sure of though is that when I select an item to boot, whether is be an image or an ISO, the screen doesn’t clear. So I can still see the background and the items loading on the bottom. This could be because of it being in a VM, but i’m not sure. Any ideas? I loaded it via TFTP this time so I could take the screenshot, but it started doing this when it boot with the gpxelinux. I mean, an easy work around would be to make the screen all black, but curious as to why that’s happening.[IMG]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/kgaudio2/FOG_zps3de63507.jpg[/IMG][/quote]
    please post you Ubuntu changes, would be interested. Or make a wiki page

• The guide helped a lot. Thank you for it. Since I use Ubuntu, things were in different places, but I was able to get it figured out. I can post the changes here if you’d like. I was able to image some VM’s and boot ISO’s with it, so i’m pretty happy. The one thing i’m not sure of though is that when I select an item to boot, whether is be an image or an ISO, the screen doesn’t clear. So I can still see the background and the items loading on the bottom. This could be because of it being in a VM, but i’m not sure. Any ideas? I loaded it via TFTP this time so I could take the screenshot, but it started doing this when it boot with the gpxelinux. I mean, an easy work around would be to make the screen all black, but curious as to why that’s happening.[IMG]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/kgaudio2/FOG_zps3de63507.jpg[/IMG]

• Developer

I’ve managed to get it to work in a test environment, see the attached zipped word document.
    We don’t use multicast, and get slow loading when imaging PCs, this may well improve things for us.

Let me know how you go on.

[url="/_imported_xf_attachments/0/234_gpxelinux.zip?:"]gpxelinux.zip[/url]

Users

Topics