Problems after adding storage

• Server OS: CentOS 7
    FOG Version: 1.5.9-RC1

I recently installed a new hard drive to expand storage for images on the master FOG node. I followed the instructions here: Adding additional image storage space to FOG server. Everything seems fine with the install so I did a test image.

d1f4fc99-970e-4dea-b59e-161500ece298-image.png

FOG captured the image to the new storage node and the target machine restarted and booted normal. One problem is in the Tasks menu, the machine stayed “In-Progress” (No screen shot of that.) I cancel it and check Images and it shows…

f38a99f3-5019-443a-8355-d2441e64a5e2-image.png

I figured it is a bug so we’ll see when the image is deployed. I set the task to target machine, machine picks up task, but I get this error…

d56d9d1f-e9a1-46ac-8a9a-738d618d30c6-image.png

Tasks shows that the task is stuck in progress…

719c41ac-4090-4b56-8040-50d9df5e48ce-image.png

This is where I am stuck.

Deployment of another image that is stored on the original storage space deployed with no problems.

Thank you.

@xburnerx00 said in Problems after adding storage:

linux $myimage loglevel=$myloglevel initrd=init.xz root=/dev/ram0 rw ramdisk_size=275000 keymap= web=$myfogip/fog/ boottype=usb consoleblank=0 rootfstype=ext4

^^^
    This line tells FOS Linux what to do when it boots. Normally the FOG server sends these settings to FOS Linux, since you are using the USB method, we rely on GRUB to tell FOS Linux what to do.

While I haven’t been really following this thread, Sebastian’s instructions are to paste those two commands at the end of what I quoted above for menu selection 1.

• This is the grub.cfg on the USB. Where do I put the line? Near the top with the lines that say set? Do I add ‘set’? before the lines you asked me to try? Are the lines two separate lines? Sorry, for all the questions.

set myfogip=192.168.10.200
    set myimage=/boot/bzImage
    set myinits=/boot/init.xz
    set myloglevel=4
    set timeout=-1
    insmod all_video

menuentry "1. FOG Image Deploy/Capture" {
     echo loading the kernel
     linux  $myimage loglevel=$myloglevel initrd=init.xz root=/dev/ram0 rw ramdisk_size=275000 keymap= web=$myfogip/fog/ boottype=usb consoleblank=0 rootfstype=ext4
     echo loading the virtual hard drive
     initrd $myinits
     echo booting kernel...
    }

menuentry "2. Perform Full Host Registration and Inventory" {
     echo loading the kernel
     linux  $myimage loglevel=$myloglevel initrd=init.xz root=/dev/ram0 rw ramdisk_size=275000 keymap= web=$myfogip/fog/ boottype=usb consoleblank=0 rootfstype=ext4 mode=manreg
     initrd $myinits
     echo booting kernel...
    }

menuentry "3. Quick Registration and Inventory" {
     echo loading the kernel
     linux  $myimage loglevel=$myloglevel initrd=init.xz root=/dev/ram0 rw ramdisk_size=275000 keymap= web=$myfogip/fog/ boottype=usb consoleblank=0 rootfstype=ext4 mode=autoreg
     initrd $myinits
     echo booting kernel...
    }

menuentry "4. Client System Information (Compatibility)" {
     echo loading the kernel
     linux  $myimage loglevel=$myloglevel initrd=init.xz root=/dev/ram0 rw ramdisk_size=275000 keymap= web=$myfogip/fog/ boottype=usb consoleblank=0 rootfstype=ext4 mode=sysinfo
     initrd $myinits
     echo booting kernel...
    }

menuentry "5. Run Memtest86+" {
     linux /boot/memdisk iso raw
     initrd /boot/memtest.bin
    }

menuentry "6. FOG Debug Kernel" {
     echo loading the kernel
     linux  $myimage loglevel=7 init=/sbin/init root=/dev/ram0 rw ramdisk_size=275000 keymap= boottype=usb consoleblank=0 rootfstype=ext4 isdebug=yes
     initrd $myinits
     echo booting kernel...
    }

menuentry "7. FOG iPXE Jumpstart BIOS" {
     echo loading the kernel
     linux16  /boot/ipxe.krn
     echo booting iPXE...
    }

menuentry "8. FOG iPXE Jumpstart EFI" {
     echo chain loading the kernel
     insmod chain 
     chainloader /boot/ipxe.efi
     echo booting iPXE-efi...
    }

• Developer

@xburnerx00 said in Problems after adding storage:

Where exactly do I add this line? On the grub.cfg file on my USB boot?

Yes exactly.

• @Sebastian-Roth said in Problems after adding storage:

storage=192.168.10.200:/images2/ storageip=192.168.10.200

Thank you for the reply.

Where exactly do I add this line? On the grub.cfg file on my USB boot? That is the only place I remember making changes on the drive when I followed the instructions from here.

• Developer

@xburnerx00 You are using USB boot method here which is not fully supported I have to say. See if you can still make it work adding those two variables to your kernel command line:

storage=192.168.10.200:/images2/ storageip=192.168.10.200

Make sure IP address and path are correct. Can’t promise you anything though!

Users

Topics