Bulk editing hosts

• FOG Version 1.5.4 on Debian 8

I’m trying to manipulate all the hosts in our FOG server to turn HostnameChanger off. I’d like to run this SQL against the database:

UPDATE ‘moduleStatusByHost’ SET ‘msState’ = ‘0’ WHERE ‘msModuleID’ = ‘9’;

On a test case where I did just one host ID, the value in the database changed as expected, but the change isn’t reflected in the WebUI. What additional steps need I take to make this change work correctly?

• @george1421 said in Bulk editing hosts:

If you are going to mass update the database like this, stop apache and php-fpm first, then run your update, and finally restart php-fpm and then apache. Both php-fpm and apache cache database values for faster access. You are changing the underlying database but its not seen in the UI because of the cache.

#wiki worthy.

• @george1421 Awesome! Thanks for the help! I’ll give that a test and see what comes of it.

If you are going to mass update the database like this, stop apache and php-fpm first, then run your update, and finally restart php-fpm and then apache. Both php-fpm and apache cache database values for faster access. You are changing the underlying database but its not seen in the UI because of the cache.

Users

Topics