I have an issue, where i cant task computers to image, from the UI. Some of the information is not displaying anymore. The error i receive is “[FONT=Ubuntu][COLOR=#333333]Table ‘./fog/tasks’ is marked as crashed and should be repaired” and that is displayed at the bottom of my UI. Any help would be great. [/COLOR][/FONT]
Thanks Chad i actually fixed that issue, i re found the post that i used to fix that issue almost two years ago. It was two lines of code in the config.php file. But i another issue when i try to push the image down to a client pc. i get access denied. I ve try the chmod 777 on the folder where the images are at, and tried another i dont remember the cmd off hand. i think it was “chown -R fog:root” or some thing like that. i tested the ./mntcheck cmd on the folder and i cant touch it, but when im a root user i can. Also i ve check the user account and password in the UI settings to make sure they match, im all out of ideas. see below of the error i get. thanks in advance for your help.[ATTACH=full]175[/ATTACH]
[url="/_imported_xf_attachments/0/175_IMAG0050 - Copy.jpg?:"]IMAG0050 - Copy.jpg[/url]
You just need to redefine the images in the UI. Use the same names, which you can get from the image file name in /images or the folder name containing the partition files if it’s a multiple partition or multi disk image type.
If you have a Windows XP image file at /images/WinXPImage1.img then you would make a new image definition in the Web UI, set the type Single Partition - Resizable, with name WinXPImage1
If you have a multiple partition image folder at /images/MyImage that has files in it like /images/MyImage/d1.mbr, /images/MyImage/d1p1.img, etc. You make a new image named MyImage and set type to multi-partition, single disk, or multi-partition, multi-disk.
Thanks for the help BryceZ, i ended up wiping out the database. So i have rebuild the fog server. which isnt that big of a deal. I do have another question. where can i edit the location of the images. because i still have the images. i just need to point it to the location. because i copied them just in case. by the way i upgraded to .32
Take a backup of your database first
[CODE]mysqldump -u root -p[root_password] [database_name] > dumpfilename.sql[/CODE]
Then log in to mysql and run the repair
[CODE]mysql -u root -p[root_password] [database_name]
Maybe this image can help show the issue i’m having.