SOLVED Try to use other language
I try to select other language that is not english, for example, spanish or german, but the web UI appears only in english. Is a bug or maybe the browser configuration? or is a DT’s super filter in inet (America first) XDDD?
OK. I will create the files for Basque.
I will update the Spanish files too
@fernando-gietz you also built the appropriate mo file in the eu_ES.UTF-8/LC_MESSAGES/messages.mo?
Of course you’d need the translation po file in place to build the mo.
It should work as long as you have locale generated and available on the system too.
thanks for the info.
I have make the changes and now appears me the Euskal entry in the list box, but when I try to change the language from Spanish to Euskal, the WEBUI appears in Spanish
I cleared the history and clean the browser cache
I’ve added Basque to the translations list for 1.6. It’s a bunch of work to add if you’re trying to do it manually. You need:
Edit /var/www/fog/commons/text.php and add the line:
$foglang['Language']['eu'] = 'Euskal';
Edit /var/www/fog/lib/fog/processlogin.class.php and look for:
After the relevant found item you’ll add the case/if statements for it using
'eu_ESas the translation code.
Add the relavent /var/www/fog/management/languages/eu_ES.UTF-8 folder(s) and files. The structure looks like:
/var/www/fog/management/languages/eu_ES.UTF-8 /var/www/fog/management/languages/eu_ES.UTF_8/gpl-3.0.txt /var/www/fog/management/languages/eu_ES.UTF_8/LC_MESSAGES /var/www/fog/management/languages/eu_ES.UTF_8/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po
Hopefully that helps.
We have two official languages in my university: Spanish and Basque (Euskera), I can set the default language the spainish language but if somebody wants the basque, actually he can not set it.
Maybe I can get your help in fixing this? I know you’re asking about it, I can tell you what I think it’s related to.
I believe it’s due to how session_start is occurring. During initial login a session is started, once logged in a another session is created using the new login information. It’s this reset of the session I believe is causing the problem.
Also, I believe you may need to ensure you have the locale installed on the base system too. I’ve tested this a few times and didn’t see anythign particularly troubling, but then again I only tested at a very basic level.
I have found in FOG Settings -> General Settings an entry:
DEFAULT LOCALE = Español
With this setting I can see the web UI in spanish but I can not change to other language .