Windows 7 3 partitions

• Hi Everyone,

I have been using fog for some time now and this one has got me stumped.

I have imaged before with windows 7 and fog. I know if you use the single partition format it will really let you upload an image with 2 partitions (c drive and 100mb system.

I just got some new HP z210 SFF computers in and when I load my OS it is now creating 3 partions

C drive
    100 mb system
    And 128mb MSR (Microsoft system reserved)
    The computer works fine but I cannot image

Id I use disk part to delete the partition it still boots, until it is imaged, then I get a boot error (that I have seen before, usually I can boot off the windows CD and repair that error, but this machine is telling me that the version of the cd is different from the version of the CD I used to install windows, which is not true, it is actually the same disk

I’m stumped any help would be appricated

• I too am having trouble to deploy images wit UEFI images. Each time I deploy the computer boots into recovery.

• I was just able to upload UEFI based images, but not to deploy them. I think that FOG 0.32 can’t handle this yet. So I posted a feature request. Maybe this feature will be integrated in future releases.

I’m not familiar with the new UEFI and GPT stuff yet. I have not had the exciting opportunity to troubleshoot FOG with it. If you do figure out a solution, please share it with the forums and wiki.

• Having a MSR partition means that Windows is installed in (U)EFI mode, not in the old MBR or “legacy” mode. I haven’t been able to deploy hosts with UEFI based images. So I would suggest that you reinstall Windows using the legacy mode.

Have you tried gparted from bootable USB stick? I used it on some Fujitsu’s to remove the recovery and data partitions created by the Fujitsu installer. I had to resize the partitions and move them around. It all worked out in the end.

• just a little update, this MSR partion only gets created with my volume licenses disk, not any OEM media

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.