Error when creating snap-in pack to storage group
I keep getting the error:
Type: 2, File: /var/www/fog/lib/fog/fogftp.class.php, Line: 217, Message: ftp_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known, Host: , Username:
when attempting to create a snap-in linked to my new storage account named “Activation”, but the snap-in will save to the “default” storage group. Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?
@Wayne-Workman I apologize I meant to say storage group, I figure ‘“default” storage group’ leaves enough context clues for the reader to infer that a “storage account” is a storage group.
@Sebastian-Roth thank you for the speedy response as well!
The solution to the issue was that I had to create a separate storage node to correlate to the storage group being created, and then setting the storage node to the corresponding storage group. The purpose for this was to better organize snap-ins to certain “task groups” like what is present in Norton Ghost, I hope that this helps.
To add to Wayne’s great set of questions: What version of FOG is this and did it ever work before?
Wayne Workman last edited by
@zacadams A few questions, please answer them all:
- There’s no such thing as a ‘storage account’. Storage groups and storage nodes are two different things. Is “Activation” a storage group or a storage node? Look in Storage Management to see.
- Can you successfully upload to the default storage group?
- If “Activation” is a storage node, have you verified the credentials for it are correct? Please see: https://wiki.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshoot_FTP and do the tests in there.
- How big is the snapinpack? There are apache upload limits, if I remember correctly I think the default limit is 100MB.
- Do you have enough space on
/opt/fog/snapinsto store the snapinpack? Linux file system and Windows file system are totally different so please do not assume you have the space, please check with the command