refind.conf for Osx + bootcamp (hint)

• To boot Mac with OSx and windows bootcamp, you have to select REFIND_EFI in Exit to Hard Drive Type(EFI) menu of FOG PXE Boot Menu Configuration.
    Then modify /var/www/html/fog/service/ipxe/refind.conf parameters:

timeout 5
    scanfor internal,hdbios,external,biosexternal
    scan_delay 5

Hope this helps someone!

@tom-elliott I agree that is a good choice for the default configuration. I was going to mention this but I got side tracked this AM with a simple task that went sideways for a bit. I think these values for refind will help others for sure.

@Enrico thank you for the excellent feed back here.

• Senior Developer

Working branch has the suggested change by adding scan_delay 5 and scan_for with internal,hdbios as the options listing. Maybe this will work for you and others?

• Those settings fit more situations, I think (but I can’t assure that) but you can tune them.

scanfor selects where it is going to search for boot loaders. In my case, “internal” does not find bootcamp boot loader, so I add “hdbios”.

scandelay 5 is needed because the default 0 is too quick to permit the bootcamp become available.

timeout 5 is needed because the default -1 goes straightforward to boot the default loader and does not show the two os options. So, this one is needed if you have a multiboot system only.

Just for clarity, do I understand that the FOG default setting is not correct? Or does this additional setting timeout 5 need to be added to the FOG default settings?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.