Please enter the TFTP issues with Cisco WS-C2960X-48TS-L

• Developer

Server
    • FOG Version: 1.4.2
    Client
    • Service Version:
    Description

Hello!!
    I have problems with TFTP server and the Cisco WS-C2960X-48TS switches.

0_1498216474496_Please_enter_tftp_server.png

I know that the next issue is in the wiki

Solution

Typically this is caused by two or more DHCP services running on one network, and one or more of them being incorrectly configured for FOG. The administrator may or may not know of these DHCP services, one or more of them could be a rogue DHCP service. You can find a rogue DHCP service by running Wireshark on a computer and applying the filter bootp to only see DHCP traffic, and then doing several IP releases and renews. Any rogue DHCP service should show up in the replies.

Another cause of this problem, although less common, is that Option 066/next-server is not configured on the only DHCP server in the environment. Find instructions on correcting this here: Modifying existing DHCP server to work with FOG 

My problems is that the NOC doesn’t want to change the options in the DHCP :(
    The Cisco WS-C2960X-48TS-L has one option “switchport-port-security” which if is enabled the issue appears and if disabled, the issue doesn’t appear. Problem for me, the NOC is reluctant to change this option to disabled :(

Can I send, changing the iPXE menu or using other alternative, the TFTP server?

• Developer

We have several PXE server in the same vlan, three FOG servers and one LanDesk server. We control the access to the PXE using a little daemon in the different FOG servers that update the dnsmasq.conf file with the mac of the computers that have an active task. Is simply but effective.

Historically, this option has been empty and this change may lead to unforeseen side effects.

The “port-security” option is configured enable to avoid the loops and the possibility of using virtual machines without NAT.

• @Fernando-Gietz said in Please enter the TFTP issues with Cisco WS-C2960X-48TS-L:

My problems is that the NOC doesn’t want to change the options in the DHCP :(

did they told you the reason? if the needed dhcp options are not in use why the hell they say no?
    Btw. you are facing a problem when a company gets to big ;) and the IT is not sitting completely in one big office.

Corporations / Concerns groups are bad ;-p

Regards X23

• Developer

Thanks Wayne for your good words XD

@Fernando-Gietz said in Please enter the TFTP issues with Cisco WS-C2960X-48TS-L:

Can I send, changing the iPXE menu or using other alternative, the TFTP server?

Your not even getting that far, so this won’t work. Dhcp needs adjusted, this is the most simple, easy, and supportable solution.

You’re NOC should realize you are one of their customers, and should realize you are all on the same team and all have good intentions.

• Developer

One more thing, I have a very old FOG server (0.30) using PXE and with PXE I don’t have issues with TFTP and Cisco WS-C2960X-48TS switches.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.