Need help -- On Deploy

• Server
    • FOG Version: 1.4.0
    Client
    • Service Version: 11.12
    Description

Current partition (capture Done successfully)
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev 990M 4.0K 990M 1% /dev
    tmpfs 201M 744K 200M 1% /run
    /dev/sda1 291G 9.1G 267G 4% /
    /dev/sda2 4.0K 0 4.0K 0% /var
    /dev/sda3 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /U
    /dev/sda4 1001M 0 1001M 0% /opt
    /dev/sda5 100M 0 100M 0% /boot

Need to Deploy the image except /U partition…How?

• @Wayne-Workman : I will try as per your suggestion and update it

• @Avaryan :Right if it’s possible to exclude from uploading Or exclude during Deploying.

/U is the individual user DATA partition…it is available in all system… if we need to reloading the image on end user computer, I need to deploy except /U partition.

There are more elaborate ways of doing this with postinitscripts and postdownloadscripts. It would involve mounting the base directory and modifying /etc/fstab to remove /dev/sda3 and then at the end of imaging, delete all the d3* files and rename all d4* files to d3* files, then rename the d5* files to d4* files. This could all be done during the capture phase.

I’m not sure what @Avaryan posted would work - there’s the d3* files to attend to, and renaming the other files, and then there’s /etc/fstab to fix. Then there’s the issue of where FOS will put the image files during deploy if a disk is missing.

• @Satheesh Upload all partitions. Pull back down on another HDD. Delete unwanted partitions, resize, etc… Capture the new image.

I have no idea if it’s possible to exclude a specific partition from uploading.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.