I had the same issue. For me, the problem was solved by manually creating the fog database and the fog user, and then rerunning the installer. We have a few fog servers and have always used the same mysql password, which is not blank. I don’t know if that’s what caused the failure of the db creation, but I figured I’d mention it, since the default suggestion on the installer is to use a blank password. Also, we are trying to use https, so I ran the installer with the “-S” option. I hope this solves your issue - though given the recommendation from the developers to use trunk, it’s probably best to do that.