inventory report export blank tag 1

• Server
    • FOG Version: 1.3.5 6067
    Client
    • Service Version: 11.11
    Description

When doing a inventory report, 85% of our host have no “other tag 1”. This field is blank. Had this problem, though only an handful, when we did a report for inventory last year, but we took the time to type them back in. Ill type them back in yet again, but is there a known issue with the inventory extract?

• Ok, i guess Ill just type them in again.

Just so you know Im not crazy, i pasted two lines in to a new xls from an old export and the one i did today, the orange is the missing tag.

0_1492026053382_upload-44406e12-4a1d-4372-9419-9e130e94a3c5 10-95-044-086 78:ac:c0:ae:61:56 4028 Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq 4000 Pro SFF PC
    SE40-084-109 78:ac:c0:ae:61:56 Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq 4000 Pro SFF PC

• Senior Developer

@Roger-Saffle inventory doesn’t get imported/exported unfortunately. There isn’t a real nice way to handle associations.

Import’s assume a “new” object, and inventory is handled by “associative” objects. Meaning an export of inventory and reimport won’t necessarily line up properly.

• If I collect the Other Tag 1 info on a csv, can it be uploaded and added to the existing host?

• @Tom-Elliott
    we do not really use other tag 2. We use other tag 1 as the asset ID when doing a fog host import.

• Senior Developer

There’s two "other’ tags that applied. Did they, by chance, get put into the “other” tag field? iOtherTag is the “other1” field and iOtherTag1 is the “other2” field, which I don’t know what the expectation is here.

• Looked in the database, and the iOtherTag1 is indead blank on a majority of host. Ill look in iOtherTag when I get back to my desk.

edit: Looked in database iOtherTag is blank for those machines missing “Other Tag 1” on the inventory export.

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.