Operating system not found after imaging computers

• We’re trying to create one image to go to 85 Lenovo T420 laptops. Every time I download the image to a new machine, it won’t boot up. I get a “operating system not found” error. Can someone help? I’m really confused.

• Having the same issue here as well. I will keep you posted. Thanks!

• Another useful bit of information would be the type of image you’re using: is it single partition, or multi partition? Lots of users report issues when trying to create a single partition image with Windows 7.

• Cyrus:

Any luck? As Steve Ropiak mentioned, the partitions are good first place to look. How is the disk partitioned? How have you defined your image?

I haven’t had any issues imaging Lenovo laptops.

astrouga

• Is it Windows 7? Win 7 gets a little funky with the way it partitions the disk. There are a number of excellent posts and articles here about how to deploy Win 7 with Fog. Have you checked those out? We just deployed Win 7 to 125 lab computers with Fog and it went really well.

• I should also mention that it’s a brand new install of FOG on a Ubuntu computer. FOG version is 0.32.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.